Welcome To Our Garden

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Pattys Day

We are kinda in a holding pattern right now about selecting a donor. Still need to talk to the Nurse W about the whole CMV thing. Want to make sure there wont be any probs. If all goes well I think we're gonna go with the non-pregnancy reported donor. I think I like that one better only because of his baby pic ( Is that shallow? Really is it? Did you see pics of your donor? Did that influence your decision?) and because his medical history is a bit better than the other one. This one has no history of cancer where the other one has 3. My dads had colon cancer and his brother passed due to cancer. I like the odds better with the no cancer donor. What do you think?

*****

Today is our 3 year anniversary. Well 1 of a couple of anniversaries. We met 3 years ago today. We're going to The Melting Pot for dinner tonight. (Google it) It's our first time. Its a fondue place and I've heard nothing but great things about it. I'll let you know how it is.

*****

M is, as I'm typing this, taking her EMT final exam. 2 classes down. 2 to go.

****

Don't forget your green today. Unless you want to be pinched. :o)

7 comments:

Mikki said...

About the donor - we selected ours based on a feeling. Honestly. Kelly and I are not known for making quick decisions - we like to think, plan and weigh all the options. Our donor just struck us as the right one. The decision was made in five minutes. My advice is to go with your gut - if one feels more "right" than the other, go with it...

About the Melting Pot - I'm SERIOUSLY jealous!!!!! It's the BEST place in the world. It's yummy, it's romantic, it's fun, it's just perfection! It really is a great date...enjoy!!!!

Wendy and Karen said...

Happy Anniversary!

The Melting Pot is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it.

E and M, jumpingoutoftrees said...

We saw a picture of our donor when he was 4-7 years old...very cute. What really got us was his audio tape. He has a great sense of humor. You have to go with whomever seems right...and realize you'll be raising him/her and that's more influential in our opinion.

Happy Anniversary!

hotomiky said...

About the donor situation-important follow your guts and feeling in which donor to choose. The first choice was to find a donor that matched my (H's) nationality then we reviewed donors background focusing on medical and family background & history to help us decide which donor to choose from. After reading these donors information, we narrowed to three and decided to choose one based on donors characteristics. We ended up very happy with our selection. We now have two beautiful children who you both will meet very soon (this July). :)

We are pretty sure that you both will find the one where you both feel is the best selection.

Happy Anniversary and Enjoy every moment at melting pot and the quality time together! :)

Merr said...

Go with your gut on your donor. We personally didn't want to see any pics of the donor. We didn't want that to influence our decision. We knew our baby would be cute regaurdless of what the donor looked like.

Evillage said...

Se saw a picture after we bought the sperm. We were very deliberate in picking the first donor, then a little less, and our third donor we picked in about 20 min. Hard to tell what the best way is.

K J and the kids said...

I call it the cleansing of the species project. Lesbians having babies.
If I were to write out my family history, I wouldn't want to have babies with me :)
It's our right, because we have to jump through so many damn hoops. Plus I always think of that Seinfeld episode. The one with the "nose". The guy is great looking.....and then you find out he had a nose job. HUGE noses in the family...runs in the family....will most likely pass it down to the kid. :) ha ha

We had a baby picture, I wish we would have had an older pic.