We told my mom about our baby plans! Whew! And it went well! Even bigger WHEW!
Long story short I told her this was one thing that my non-brother couldn't beat me to. HA! I told her she and dad were gonna be grandparents again and M and I were gonna be mommies. She was totally fine with it. Well totally fine to our faces...she probably freaked out when we left. She was sad about our loss and that I had to deal with it without her. I really could've used my moms shoulder that week.
Here's a couple of things I'll never forget about telling her.
1. My mom saying that she was behind us 100%
2. M telling her that she gets to teach them to hunt and drive a tractor. :o)
3. The group hug that mom wanted between her, M and I.
4. The smile on moms face when M told her that I would (hopefully) be 33 when our child is born. (my mom, my grandma and great grandma were all 33 when they gave birth)
6. Mom telling me she wants to know everything about this.....wants lots of emails :o)
5. The smile on moms face when she said how excited she was that her baby was having a baby. :o)
Mom said it would probably be better to hold off on telling dad right now. So I'm leaving that up to her. She can either tell him or let me know when the coast is clear.
That's that. :o)
On another note....
I'm in a different office...in a different city this week for work. Our dispatch office is getting new phone system so we've moved to a neighboring dispatch center until the work is complete. Their crew today consists of 2 guys and 3 chicks. 2 of the 3 chicks are pregnant. 1 of whom I noticed as soon as she walked in is very pregnant and the other I didn't realize until they both lifted their shirts and started comparing baby bumps. I tried so hard to keep it together but when the talk turned to feeling the babies kick, the tears (and snot) started rolling. I had to leave my partner alone while I quietly as possible exited the room.
Wow! This just sucks!
I wanna be pregnant too!