Welcome To Our Garden

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

My Dad

Thanks to everyone who's been thinking and praying for my dad and family. I think that's all that got him thru it. His aorta replacement surgery went great BUT he had a heart attack after the surgery and had to be flown to a bigger hospital. He was pretty much gone. No one expected him to even make it thru the flight. But HE DID!! Thank the Lord. The docs had him knocked out for 4 days so that he could heal some. We brought him home yesterday....1 week later. They ended up putting in 2 more stents and think the heart attack was caused from a blockage in the one stent he already had. Its been a horrible week but we are all so thankful to have him home with us. He's still got a long road ahead of him but with time and prayer he will be just fine......even better than before. I'll be staying here with them, probably another week and then coming back on my days off. My brother and non brother live here in town but as we all know.....no one can help like the baby girl. :o)

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We certainly need them. I hope everyone's doing well and I look forward to catching up with all that's going on with yall.

Thanks again.

7 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Glad to hear that he's doing good.
He's lucky to have you.

Dee said...

I've been checking in every day to see how things were going. I was so getting worried. Glad to hear he's on the mend. Make sure to take care of yourself!

Erin said...

It's good to hear that he is doing well these days. We've been thinking about you all. Safe travels back and forth, and hope your dad gets well soon.

Erin said...

PS - once again, photo friday is eek over at justkeepswimming. not certain why it keeps doing that to me!!

Merr said...

Oh how scary! I am glad he is doing better now! Thanks for the update.

Unknown said...

I'm glad he came through. Sending you lots of strength and positive thoughts through the healing process.

Dee said...

It's been way to long since you posted? Is everything ok? Come out, come out, where ever you are!